Love Quotes




















Some of the most famous love quotes in the world, all after the cut.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
~Helen Keller

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
~Roy Croft

"It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them."
~Agatha Christie

"Love makes the wildest spirit tame, and the tamest spirit wild."
~Alexis Delp

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever."
~Alfred Lord Tennyson

"Love reminds you that nothing else matters."
~Amy Bushell

"I don’t wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone."
~Javan

It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.
Agatha Christie

If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

My boyfriend calls me ‘princess’, but I think of myself more along the lines of ‘monkey’ and ‘retard’.
Alicia Silverstone

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.
Andre Gide

You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.
Barbara De Angelis

We are all born for love… it is the principle existence and it’s only end.
Benjamin Disraeli

Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.
Benjamin Franklin

Never love anything that can’t love you back.
Bruce Williams

Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never… never forget it.
Curtis Judalet

What Women Want: To be loved, to be listened to, to be desired, to be respected, to be needed, to be trusted, and sometimes, just to be held. What Men Want: Tickets for the world series.
Dave Barry

The space between your heart and mine is the space we’ll fill with time.
Dave Matthews Band

There is no remedy for love but to love more
David Henry Thoreau

It requires nothing less than a chivalric feeling to sustain a conversation with a lady
David Henry Thoreau

People who are sensible about love are incapable of it.
Douglas Yates

When you are in Love you can’t fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams.
Dr Suese

Love doesn’t make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
Elizabeth Browning

Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.’
Erich Fromm

When we understand that man is the only animal who must create meaning, who must open a wedge into neutral nature, we already understand the essence of love. Love is the problem of an animal who must find life, create a dialogue with nature in order to experience his own being.
Ernest Becker

You are what I never knew I always wanted.
From the Movie “Fools Rush In”

The fickleness of the women I love is only equaled by the infernal constancy of the women who love me.
George Bernard Shaw

Love is the emblem of eternity: it confounds all notion of time: effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end.
Germaine De Stael

Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.
H. Jackson Brown

If I know what love is, it is because of you.
Herman Hesse

When women love us, they forgive us everything, even our crimes; when they do not love us, they give us credit for nothing, not even our virtues.
Honor de Balzac

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
Jalal ad-Din Rumi

If you have to think about whether you love someone or not then the answer is no. When you love someone you just know.
Janice Markowitz

I don’t wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone.
Javan

Paradise is always where love dwells.
Jean Paul F. Richter

I love you the more in that I believe you had liked me for my own sake and for nothing else.
John Keats

Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get only with what you are expecting to give which is everything.
Katharine Hepburn

We’ve got to convince our egos and our minds that if we want to live happy lives, love is more important than anything else!
Ken Keyes

A woman’s head is always influenced by heart; but a man’s heart by his head.
Lady Marguerite Gardiner Blessington

Girls are so queer you never know what they mean. They say No when they mean Yes, and drive a man out of his wits for the fun of it.
Louisa May Alcott

Put love first. Entertain thoughts that give life. And when a thought or resentment, or hurt, or fear comes your way, have another thought that is more powerful a thought that is love.
Mary Manin Morrissey

If a man should importune me to give a reason why I loved him, I find it could no otherwise be expressed, than by making answer: because it was he, because it was I.
Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

A man is a little thing while he works by and for himself; but when he gives voice to the rules of love and justice, he is godlike.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
Roy Croft

We come to love not by finding a perfect person but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
Sam Keen

Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise.
Samuel Johnson

One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is Love.
Sophocles

Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. As it is the beauty of the soul.
St. Augustine

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I really need it.
Swedish Proverb

Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.
Thomas Fuller

So dear I love him that with him, All deaths I could endure. Without him, live no life.
William Shakespeare

Love makes the wildest spirit tame, and the tamest spirit wild.
Alexis Delp

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God’s finger on man’s shoulder.
Charles Morgan

Romantic love reaches out in little ways, showing attention and admiration. Romantic love remembers what pleases a woman, what excites her, and what surprises her. Its actions whisper: you are the most special person in my life.
Charles Stanley ( A Man’s Touch)

A kiss, when all is said, what is it? A rosy dot placed on the “i” in loving; Tis a secret told to the mouth instead of to the ear.
Edmond Rostand

I’ll be your crying shoulder, I’ll be love suicide, I’ll be better when I’m older, I’ll be the greatest fan of your life.
Edwin McCain

“What I do and what I dream include thee, as the wine must taste of its own grapes.
Elizabeth Barret Browning
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.
Eric Fromm

A simple I love you means more than money
Frank Sinatra

My heart to you is given: oh, do give yours to me; we’ll lock them up together, and throw away the key.
Frederick Saunders

A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.
George Jean Nathan

The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.
George Moore

There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved.
George Sand

To be in love is merely to be In a state of perpetual anesthesia: to mistake an ordinary young man for a Greek god Or an ordinary young woman for a goddess.
H.L. Mencken

No comments:

Post a Comment